Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fail

I had a streak going of posting every day.  I was pretty happy with myself for keeping up with this so well!  Yesterday, I broke my streak.  I was just too busy; there was too much going on.  Honestly, I didn't even think about blogging until I was laying in bed, wiped out from the day, and realized there was no way I was going to get back up to do it.  It was an awesome kind of tired though.  I had taken the day off work for a meeting.  I got up at a decent time and got stuff done around the house, then went to the meeting where, DCS finally listened to some of the problems we (myself and a foster mom friend) encountered while fostering (I doubt they'll actually do anything about it, but at least they listened!).  After the meeting, my friend and I had a late lunch, went shopping and spent the evening at a local day spa to pamper ourselves.  I had a gift certificate and she had birthday money, so despite the fact that it was an expensive day, neither of us actually paid much out of pocket.  Bonus!  We treated ourselves to Orange Leaf (which I had never had before - YUM!) on the way home.  It was a great day.  I really love days when I can have so much fun but still feel like I got something done, and I went to bed exhausted but blissful.  What a great way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment