Friday, June 15, 2012

Cooking for my dog

This is getting frustrating.  Just when I thought I finally had Wolfey's food issues figured out, he has started chewing himself again.  The problem is, I am suddenly working more (i.e. being away from the house more) too, so I don't know if the issue is with feeding or with anxiety.  I wish he could talk to me and tell me what is wrong!  I have started integrating some of his old dog food back into his diet, thinking that maybe there is something missing from what I am cooking but I hate the idea of returning to processed food, plus it's SO expensive!  I'm only giving him a little bit each day, in hopes that it will be just enough to cover whatever deficit there is in my cooking until I figure that part out.  I'm also making a point to do special things with him and make sure if I am going to be gone for an extra long time, he has someone else to hang out with.  We have gone to the park twice this week and today, since I have plans after work, he is hanging out with his Mema.  He was so excited to see her when I dropped him off this morning!  I hope to get this all figured out soon, because I really do enjoy cooking for him, but I also want to make sure I'm giving him everything he needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment