Monday, June 25, 2012

Cast offs

I make a point to not feed Wolfey anything I couldn't eat myself.  Meaning, he doesn't get spoiled food, things that are super spicy or the gross bits I cut off of foods (dried ends of the broccoli stem, bruised parts of apples, etc.).  He does, however, get a lot of things that I just don't want to eat.  Meaning fruits and veggies that are on the verge of spoiling that I just don't feel like eating that day and know they won't be any good if I save them any longer.  Mom and Dad have been saving food for Wolfey for years.  As long as I can remember they have sent home meat scraps and bones in zip close bags.  Wolfey comes running when he hears me pull a zip close back out of the refrigerator, because he knows there's a good chance it's a treat from Mema and Papa.  Now my friends and family are catching on to this and have started sending food home with me whenever I visit.  The last time I visited my grandparents I was sent home with a whole grocery bag full of leftovers Grandma claimed they wouldn't eat.  While visiting an old friend last week, she was trimming up some veggies from her garden and sent me with all the "undesirable" bits (mostly broccoli stems).  Even BBS has gotten in on it, sending me with food that isn't enough to feed her huge family, rationalizing that if I don't want it, the dog can eat it.  I knew that cooking for Wolfey was going to save me money, but I never anticipated everyone else chipping in and saving me even more.  How awesome that Wolfey has so many people looking out for him.  Now if only I had enough room in my fridge for all this food!

No comments:

Post a Comment