Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Corny close call

Wolfey likes to eat treats on the couch.  Generally treats are small, relatively clean and eaten in a few bites, so I don't mind (though I do vacuum my couch at least once a week).  Last night I had corn on the cob with my dinner and gave him the cob when I was finished.  He trotted toward the living room and I immediately realized I should have sent him outside with it, since it would make a huge mess on my couch.  I called after him, "keep it off the couch!" and I heard him stop dead in his tracks, flop down (on the hardwood floor, thankfully!) and start gnawing on his cob.  When he finished chewing on it, I picked up the cob, wiped up his mess and you can't even tell he was there, whereas if he were on the couch I would have had a sticky, corny mess to clean up.  I'm so lucky my boy listens!

No comments:

Post a Comment