Monday, August 20, 2012

Skunked

I've made a little progress on the name issue, but not much.  BBS suggested Snickers, due to "Bonnie's" coloring and last night I tried it out.  Her ears perked up and her whole face brightened.  I'm wondering if that may be her name, but I'm still not entirely sold.  I contacted her foster mom to see what type of dog she is (other than just mutt!) to see if that may help me come up with a name, but I'm still waiting to hear back.  So for now, no name it is!

We went for our first walk together last night.  Interesting.  Bonnie/Bunny/Benny/Snickers/whatever her name is) does NOT do well on a leash.  This is definitely something to work on.  She prances along, so happy to be getting the attention and so eager to please that she ends up tripping me.  It's really cute, but also really annoying when you're trying to walk for exercise instead of just for fun.  Oh, well, we'll get there!  To make our walk that much more interesting, when we were almost finished last night, Wolfey found a skunk.  Thank goodness it ran faster than he did and he didn't get hit too badly, but he still had to have a bath last night...after just getting one yesterday morning!  Poor boy was NOT happy with me, but I wasn't too thrilled with him for making my car smell like skunk, either!  For the record, if you ever have a similar situation, mix 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 teaspoon liquid soap in a bucket and use to wash the dog.  I couldn't believe it only took one application and Wolfey smells as good as he did before the skunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment