Sunday, August 26, 2012

Assault and lickery

Lolly is such a loving pup...but maybe a little too loving sometimes.  She wakes me in the morning by climbing onto the bed (she doesn't jump, but she's tall enough that she doesn't have to) and licking my chin.  If I don't react immediately, she starts licking my neck and inevitably ends up licking my mouth - GROSS!  This morning they both got me.  Lolly sat on my hair and pinned me down and Wolfey flopped on my chest until he got me to pet him.  Even as a dog person this was a bit much!  Lolly does the same thing when I get home from work.  She does everything she can to get close to me, get me to pet her and make me pay attention to her.  And she's such a licker!  I love snuggles and petting, but dog slobber is just a bit icky.  When I settle into bed to read before I sleep, she stands on top of me so I can't hold the book and forces me to pet her instead.  It's like she just can't get enough of me and just has to get closer.  She's so super sweet, but I could really use some personal space!  I determined right off the bat that she had never had any real training and was going to need some serious attention to be anywhere near as well behaved as Wolfey, but right now I'm only working on one command: back off!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world! Fenway LICKS and LICKS and then LICKS some more! Macy's ears, head and now her body are always soaking wet! GROSS And he LOOOVES licking all my lotion off my feet and legs right after I've showered. Weirdo pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolly doesn't lick Wolfey (good thing, too, because I'm pretty sure he'd put her in her place real quick!) but she insists that if I'm home, I should be paying attention to her. I always tell her, "two doggies, two hands. You do the math." but she doesn't seem to get that the world (and my attention) doesn't revolve around her! We'll get there, but until then, I guess I'd better get used to my 6am wake up lick!

      Delete