Thursday, August 23, 2012

Poop

Yes, I'm a child and I say poop (okay, I actually say poopies) when I'm irritated, but this is real poop.  Okay, it's irritation, too, but I'm irritated because of real poop.  Dog poop, to be more specific.  We've had four accidents in the house in as many days.  The first was Lolly, and I've already determined the issue and she hasn't had a problem since.  The last three were Wolfey.  This is NOT like him.  He just doesn't go in the house.  Monday he was at my parents' house and my poor dad had to clean it up.  Thankfully, it was on the tile, but he still wasn't thrilled.  I wondered what was going on, but chalked it up to stress, with Lolly coming, and then me leaving him at my parents' house but taking Lolly with me (I had known this wasn't going to go over well but hadn't expected anything so drastic).  The second day, though, was a little more concerning.  Yesterday I arrived home after only being gone a couple hours to find poop right inside the door.  He had to have had a tummy ache to not be able to hold it for such a short time, and (t.m.i. time) it was extremely soft.  Wolfey was obviously upset about it, since he sulked out the door, being very careful not to step in it.  Of course, Lolly came bounding through the house when I let her out of her crate and stepped right in it.  Gross!  Then this morning I woke up and there was another accident.  I know I'm a sound sleeper, but I can't imagine that he let me know he needed out and I didn't hear him.  Once again, it was extremely soft - nearly diarrhea - which, of course makes me worry that he's sick.  Three days in a row just can't be okay.  I'm anxious to get home and see how he did today.  Unfortunately it's going to be a long day at work (I'm just now on my lunch break, at 3:30) and I worry that he's not going to be able to hold out.  It does make me very thankful that Lolly's still a crate pup, though!  I'm definitely open to any input or suggestions on home remedies for upset doggy tummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment