Friday, August 3, 2012

Feeling the love

Yesterday was a rough day.  There's been a lot going on lately and it all came to a head yesterday, with several people letting me down within a just a couple hours.  Being bored at work (we were really slow for some reason), I had lots of time to dwell on it.  Not good for me.  I posted something on facebook (yes, I get on facebook at work.  When there are no customers and the store is clean, there's not much else to do.  I okayed it with our IT guy before getting on or allowing my employees to do so) about feeling let down and was immediately inundated with positive comments from people encouraging, supporting and generally cheering me on.  While I am not a huge fan of social networking sites as a whole, I do think they serve a valid purpose, and last night was abundant evidence.  While it is hard to admit that I have made some bad choices in putting my faith, time and energy into people who clearly did not appreciate or deserve it, I am so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life.  To all my positive, supportive facebook friends and family, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment