Friday, July 27, 2012

Sleep!

Last night was so much better.  I just started the night with the door closed and we both slept through the night.  When I first adopted Wolfey we lived in an apartment, so I slept with the door closed all the time to keep Wolfey from wandering around and barking at the cars coming and going.  Even after buying the house, it was just habit to sleep with the door closed, but when the kids came, I quickly learned that I needed to learn to sleep with the door open to hear the boy if he woke in the night (which happened A LOT) and know when the girl snuck out of the house (not that I could stop her, but at least I knew to stay awake so I knew if she came home safely).  It took a while for me to get used to hearing Wolfey wander the house at night, but it is now habit, and he seems to enjoy the freedom.  I googled how long it would take for the concrete to cure and we're looking at several more days of that caution tape being up, so I think for the next few days, at least, he may have to give that up so I can sleep.  I hate feeling like I'm penning him in, but at the same time, I need my sleep!  I just hope that him getting a good night's sleep will help with his anxiety so he stops chewing at himself so much!  I know I've already said it, but as happy as I am to have this new sidewalk, I am SO ready to be done with the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment