Monday, July 23, 2012

Facelift

I'm getting a sidewalk!

I woke up to a knock at my door this morning. Alex, my neighbor who works for the town, was asking if I minded if they extended the sidewalk in front if my house. They will also pour an apron on the driveway going from the sidewalk to the road He asked if I was okay with that. Hmm...let me think...YES! I do feel bad that Wolfey has probably been flipping out all day, wondering why these guys are digging up his yard and Mommy's not home to take care of things, but at the same time, I'm super excited about the little boost it will give my curb appeal. This couldn't have come at a better time, with trying to perk my house up a bit for the appraisal. It's going to make the front yard look so much nicer. I can't wait to get home and see how it looks!

2 comments:

  1. So, it's all going to connect now? I always thought it was weird how you had to walk on grass to get from one "piece" of sidewalk to the next! Think you could get them to do your driveway while they're at it?

    BBS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not only going to connect the two "pieces" of sidewalk, it's going to go all the way across the end of my driveway, with an apron out to the road. Even my turnaround will be concrete! If I want the driveway done, they will dig it out for free, but I have to pay for the concrete and labor to pour it. They said it would be close to $2,000 total. As much as I'd love to see it done, that's just not in the budget right now!

      Delete