Sunday, July 15, 2012

Miscommunication

Clearly, I am not the dog whisperer.  Wolfey was definitely trying to tell me something last night but I just wasn't getting it.  I am preparing to refinance my house and have a few projects I'm working on to spruce the place up a little.  Last night I worked in the basement until around 11:00 (after working an eight hour day.  Talk about worn out!), showered and was snoring by the time my head hit the pillow.  Wolfey was a little fussy by the time I headed to bed, but I thought it was just because he was up too late (he's definitely a creature of habit and if I throw off his routine, he lets me know about it).  Around 2:00, he had me up, whining.  He didn't seem to need anything (he wasn't giving his "hungry" or "gotta potty" whine) but he definitely wasn't happy.  I got him settled down and went back to sleep.  Then around 4:00, he was up whining again.  Once again, based on the way he was whining, he didn't seem to need anything but that time I finally decided to try letting him out.  He peed for the longest time (and I felt really guilty) and came right back inside.  I was hopeful that I could sleep the rest of the night uninterrupted, but around 5:30 he started up again.  Still not his "hungry" or "gotta potty" whine, and at that point I'd had about enough, so I scolded him and went back to sleep...only to wake up to a poopy mess in my hall this morning.  Poor little guy had a tummy ache and I didn't even realize it.  The whole time I was cleaning up his mess he sat and watched me with his sad little eyes like he was trying to apologize for the accident.  I felt so bad for him!  I guess I need to get better at deciphering Wolfey's whines so I don't have to deal with that one again.  I just hope he gets to feeling better before tonight so I can get a decent night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment