Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A call for help

With all the chaos we have had lately, the changes in my schedule with working a different store this week and the construction going on outside, Wolfey has really had a rough go of things.  He chews and licks himself when he is stressed and it's been pretty bad the past week or so.  After having fostered, I have several empty beds at my house, and Wolfey has claimed one of them as his own.  He constantly has the blankets all wadded up and full of hair, so I wash them as regularly as if a child were sleeping in them every night.  This morning I went in to check if they needed cleaned and found that there was a huge pile of fur where Wolfey had slept last night.  I laughed, remembering the line from Aladdin, where Iago is so upset he yells, "I'm molting!", but at the same time, I'm really worried about him being so stressed.  I gave him a bath this morning, which always helps to soothe his skin, but I know he'll continue to lick and chew just out of frustration with the situation.  Outside of spending more time at home, which I'm trying to do, but that's easier said than done, I'm not sure what to do.  I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to make this construction time and weird schedule easier on both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment