Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My poor babies

The other night, when I was physically exhausted from dress shopping and emotionally exhausted from exploring the pros and cons of Man moving in with me instead of the other way around, I was asleep by the time my head hit the pillow.  Around 1:00am, Lolly woke me up asking to go out.  She hasn't done this since we've gotten her kidney issues under control, so I figured she must really need to potty.  I stumbled to the back door and let both dogs out, then stumbled back to bed.  Usually I'll fall into a light sleep while I wait for them to come back but as soon as I hear Wolfey bark, I wake up enough to let them in.  Sadly, this night was not the usual.  Around 6:30, Man rolled over and asked if he heard Wolfey barking.  He didn't even know I'd let the dogs out, but thankfully Wolfey has a very distinctive bark.  I felt horribly guilty as I ran to the back door to find my sad little puppies waiting for me.  I don't think either one of them has ever been outside that long, much less in the middle of the night, with no people around and no way to get back in.  I almost cried when I saw the look on Wolfey's face!  My poor babies survived their night out, but they've both been a lot more careful about coming back quickly ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment