Thursday, January 10, 2013

More foster networking

Sometimes I forget how long it has been since I have fostered.  The boy left my house nearly a year an a half ago.  While I still talk to the girl regularly, she hasn't lived in my home in over a year and a half, and hasn't even been to my home in a year.  All this doesn't stop me from sharing my story and encouraging others to foster.  A friend of mine contacted me several days ago with questions about fostering.  She and her husband have been trying unsuccessfully to have a baby for a while and are looking at what options are out there.  I am so happy to be able to be a source of information and advice.  I know their experience will be different, and I hope they let me share some of it here, but I also know how important it is to have someone who has been there and done that, and who can listen through the tough times.  Hopefully some day I'll be on the other end of this discussion, but until then, I'm so happy to be able to talk her through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment