Friday, January 18, 2013

Bones are just the beginning

For a while now I've been trying to figure out how to get Wolfey to eat bones.  When dogs eat in the wild, they eat the entire game animal, including the bones.  When they eat commercial dog food, there is bone meal in the food.  When I cook for Wolfey, there are no bones in his food, and until before Lolly he refused any bones I have given him.  Short of asking my butcher to grind the bone into meal for me to add to his food, I was at a loss...until Lolly came along.  There had been a bone sitting next to Wolfey's food dish for probably close to two months, that I kept hoping he would eventually decide to eat, but the longer it sat, the less hope I held on to.  When Lolly came along she discovered the bone and started gnawing at it.  She really seemed to be enjoying it and Wolfey eyed her suspiciously.  When Lolly dropped the bone, Wolfey quickly jumped up to grab it and began chewing away at it, himself...and hasn't put it down since!  Success!  One more way Lolly has been a good addition to our happy little home!  We're finally a family and I can't wait to add Man and his girls to the mix.  Just like adding Lolly, it's sure to be crazy wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment