Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I like: first edition, cat food

I've decided I need to start having a few series on here.  I've already started naked blogging but I don't do it on a regular basis (just whenever I feel the need to overshare or get all sappy) and I'd like to have a series or two that I do on a relatively set schedule.  So here's the first one.  I'm calling it "What I Like" and I plan to do it every Wednesday (because I'm all about the alliteration of "What I Like Wednesday").  My goal is that each week I will give a link to a product or service I have used in the past week and liked.  I am not being paid in any way for my endorsements, these are just companies or products that I really like and would like to share with other people.  I've done this many times before (in fact I went back through old posts to add in some links and there were just too many!) but now there will be an easy way to go back and reference them.

You're welcome.

I know you're thinking that all the products I like are going to be It Works! products (and let's be honest, I do love everything I've tried from that company!) and this would be a great opportunity to shamefully plug my business, but there really are a lot of other awesome things out there and this week, because it's what's on my mind right now with our recent battles to find Brady a cat food he'll actually take from both of us, we're talking food.  Cat food, specifically.  I like our new cat food.  Like, I REALLY like our new cat food.  With Brady being so. freaking. picky. we were really struggling to find something that fit all our criteria.  Basically, it had to be relatively convenient (we're not opposed to making his food like we do with the dogs, but we are opposed to having to grind up whole animals, like was suggested in much of the literature I read), high in protein and calories (he needs to gain some weight), not break the bank, not make him yak and, most importantly, something he would actually eat.  We went through five different cat foods before finally landing on Pet Pride.  Not only does Brady love it, it's cheaper per serving than the leading wet cat food and actually SMELLS LIKE FOOD!  Most wet cat foods smell gross and I wouldn't eat them if you gave me $20, but this one smells like you could toss it in a skillet and serve it for dinner!  You can actually see the bits of chicken, carrots and fresh herbs and Brady absolutely loves it.  Interestingly enough, this is actually a Kroger store brand product.  Who knew?!  The only down side I've found is that it's refrigerated and needs to warm up a bit before the cat can have it, but Brady loves it so much that when you pull the bag out of the fridge he comes running and then harasses you until you give it to him.  Pretty awesome, and this is definitely what I like!

These thoughts are entirely my own and I was in no way persuaded or compensated by Pet Pride or the Kroger company.  Not that I would mind if I were.  Hey, Kroger, get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment