Thursday, August 29, 2013

What I Like: Hooray for non-stock parts!

What I Like somehow didn't get published on Wednesday, so here it is a day late, but still just as great of a business!

I bought a real lemon of a car.  My brother-in-law (who is in car sales and does a fantastic job and will be featured here eventually) tried to talk me out of it but I was dead set on this particular car and although he knew a Ford would serve me better, he also wasn't going to force me to buy something other than what (I thought) I wanted.  So now I've got a lemon.  I bought it (from my brother-in-law) a year old with almost 10,000 miles on it and it is now three years old with about 65,000 miles on it and I've already spent well over $1,500 fixing it.  That's not just the normal maintenance, that's repairs.  Ridiculous.  On the bright side, I've developed a really good relationship with the guys at C&C Tire in Harrison, Ohio.  They've done such a great job, talking me through each thing that has gone wrong and fixing things that even the dealership (not my brother-in-law's dealership where I bought the car, but the one where the original owner bought the car) couldn't find or fix.  The last time I had my car in the owner of the company called me to tell me what was going on, what it was going to cost to fix it and how long I could drive it with what was wrong so I could save up for the repair.  Not only did he give me honest, helpful information, he didn't charge me for taking my car completely apart to figure out what was wrong.  Admittedly, I may get a little bit of special treatment since he knows my dad, but that is definitely what I call good business!

Yesterday I picked my car up after finally taking it in to have those repairs done and it is seriously like driving a new car.  C&C not only fixed the problem, they made my car drive better than it has in the entire time I've had it.  At my request, they used after market parts instead of stock and really did things right.  When I got home from picking up the car, Man looked at the bill and was shocked by the price.  With all that was done, he expected it to be way more, but C&C does great work at a fair price.  C&C, you've got our business for life!

These thoughts are entirely my own and I was in no way persuaded or compensated by C&C Tire.  Not that I would mind if I were.  Hey, C&C, get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment