Thursday, July 11, 2013

My little girl is growing up

Last year's "new girl" is this year's superstar.  She has gone above and beyond anything that anyone should have asked of her, picking up extra shifts, covering other stores and doing way more of my managerial duties than I like to admit.  And all of this without a pay raise.  She had a promotion dangled like a carrot at the beginning of the season and then snatched away when an old manager returned to the company looking for a management position.  She took it all in stride.  Today, she has finally received the recognition and promotion she deserves.  Today, I welcome my "new girl" to the management team.  I couldn't be happier for her.  She has clawed her way to the top and I am proud to call her my friend, my former employee, my equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment