Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Apparently it's all Man's fault.

Yesterday Man called to tell me he received confirmation that he'll be starting his new job on Monday; we decided to go out to our favorite local restaurant to celebrate.  We were both so excited that when I arrived home from work we both changed and immediately walked back out the door.  When we got home, we opened the front door to let the dogs out and took them for a walk without even going in the house.  On our walk, we stopped by the post office to get our mail and my It Works! kit was there, so we went straight home for me to dig in to my goodies.  Once again, I was so excited I didn't pay any attention to anything else, but spent a while going through things while Man fed the dogs their dinner, then we each showered and headed to bed.  Several times during the night Wolfey woke us up whining.  This is really out of character for him, but I was so exhausted I just yelled at him to go back to bed.  Finally, around 4am I woke up and took him outside and things settled down for a while, but he was back at it at 6:00.  When I finally got up around 7:30 (I overslept from having my sleep interrupted so many times), I found 2 poopy accidents in the bathroom.  Poor baby was trying to tell me he had icky tummy but I was too wrapped up in my own stuff to understand what he needed.  I woke Man to help me get ready for work and of course he was grumpy that Wolfey had pottied in the house, but I reminded him that Wolfey tried to let us know but he couldn't let himself out to go.  Thankfully Man got up and helped and he reports that Wolfey has been better all day, but I felt so horribly guilty.  It really makes you think twice when a seemingly uneventful decision puts into motion so many other events.  If Man hadn't called to tell me about his job I wouldn't have suggested we celebrate.  If we hadn't gone to celebrate, I would have unpacked my bag as soon as I got home from work.  If I had unpacked my bag, the dogs wouldn't have gotten my lunch leftovers (including a pretty good sized brownie). If the dogs hadn't gotten my brownie Wolfey wouldn't have ended up sick.  The secondary chain of events is if  we hadn't gone for the walk we wouldn't have gotten my It Works! stuff.  If we hadn't gotten that package I would have paid more attention when we got home and seen the brownie packaging in the living room.  If I'd seen the packaging I would have anticipated some icky tummies.  If I had known to be on the lookout I would have gotten up the first time Wolfey woke me and not only would everyone have gotten a better night's sleep, but I wouldn't have had such a mess to clean up this morning.  I guess the moral of the story is, never celebrate Man's accomplishments.  I'm so glad to have figured that out.  He's going to be so happy!  Maybe we should celebrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment